Season 67 : Charlotte's Web
Cast, Crew & More!
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY! DO NOT SKIP THROUGH STUFF PLEASE.
First off, congrats to all who auditioned. You are amazing, awesome and brave kids. We are so lucky to get to know you and share with you in the arts. We hope all of you will continue to take classes, camps and workshops alongside your Mainstage endeavors. Our next session starts September 8 for classes. There is always more to learn!
After hours of deliberation and then more conversations after that, we have decided upon the cast for Charlotte's Web. Additionally, you will find postings for our Crew, Front of House Team, and Showtime Pals.
Please look for your name carefully. If you signed up for crew, front-of-house, Showtime Pal etc., it will be posted after cast list in those areas. Check for your name there as well.
We will be in touch soon regarding Teaching Apprenticeships. These positions need to be decided amongst our entire staff here at DJT. We will contact Teaching Apprentices individually, using contact info supplied at auditions. Students will be contacted by Wednesday, September 5.
Thanks again to all the students who auditioned! We mean it here at Davenport Junior Theatre when we say you should all be very proud of your audition. You were all quite brave and we were really impressed with your talents.
Unfortunately, we were not able to cast everyone who auditioned as we have a limited number of roles. We have to cast a variety of students and take into account all sorts of things to fulfill the vision of our director and design team.
Whether cast or not, here is a link to all our awesome Fall opportunities in the theatre. We will have many, many more Mainstage productions in the future and the best thing you can do between now and then is stay involved and keep learning!
Should you have any additional questions about the audition process, do not hesitate to e-mail our Artistic Director, Daniel Sheridan. He would be happy to link you up to the director or audition team if you are seeking more feedback.
We will be sending out a packet to you electronically via email. You will also get an official hard copy of this packet at the first rehearsal. So you do not need to worry about printing your own scripts. In this packet, there will be a detailed schedule, script, information about registration payment, registration forms and other important documents. Please take time to look them all over as a family.
Digital package should be to you by Friday, August 31. It will include the schedule, details below.
The first rehearsal will be Friday, September 7 from 5:45-8:00pm. We would also like the crew to attend rehearsal if they are available. In your digital packets, you will receive a full schedule that will take you through the end of the show in October. You can expect the schedule and packet in the next week. We pride ourselves on reliable and consistent scheduling. Please let us know of any additional conflicts and we will try to honor them. If there are many last minute conflicts, we may have to recast the part. This rarely happens.
- Friday, September 7 from 5:45pm-8:00pm.
- Friday, September 7 from 5:45pm-6:30pm.
- One parent or guardian please attend. On the first day of rehearsal, we ask parents to join us for the opening 45 minutes. We have information for you and the kids that we’d love to share! We’ll also have a chance to field any and all questions you may have as well.
- Sept 7- Oct 9
- Master schedule will be found in your packet.
- Oct 1 - 9
- (Please no conflicts during these days. It is vital that students are there throughout tech process and for final rehearsals. Unlike a sport, we cannot have just anyone fill in at a position.)
- Wednesday, October 10 at 3:30pm (Stepping Stones ONLY – Dav Comm Schools)
- Saturday, October 13 at 1:00pm & 4:00pm
- Sunday, October 14 at 1:00pm & 4:00pm
- Wednesday, October 17 at 3:30pm (Stepping Stones ONLY – Dav Comm Schools)
- Saturday, October 20 at 1:00pm & 4:00pm
- Sunday, October 21 at 1:00pm & 4:00pm (strike immediately following, all production members called)
Actor registration is $75.00. Crew registration is $45. There is no fee for Front-of-House or Showtime Pal.
Or you can pay registration fee by cash or check at the first rehearsal.
(Listed by actors first name)
- Charlotte - Alana F
- Tempelton - Anah E
- Reporter - Anna D
- 3rd Storyteller - Anna H
- 2nd Storyteller - Ashanti K
- Fairgoer 1 - Aubrey M
- Announcer - Brenna F
- Fairgoer 3 - Brielle H
- Goose - Cayla O
- Wilbur - Croix B
- Uncle - Cyrus B
- Sheep 2 - Elizabeth Y
- Spider 3 - Ellerie H
- Martha Arable - Emily A
- Fern - Hannah H
- Fairgoer 2 - Harrison K
- Photographer - Henrick S
- Gander - Jack S
- Lurvy - Jonathan Y
- Homer Zuckerman - Keegan W
- Spider 1 - Lachlan Gleason
- Sheep 1 - Lillian Y
- Avery Arable - Mark Y
- Lamb - Mirabella J
- Spider 2 - Riley S
- Fairgoer 4 - Rowan S
- 1st Storyteller - Sophia M
- Edith Zuckerman - Sydney R
- Fairgoer 5 - Tobias A
- John Arable - Tyler W
$75.00 enrollment fee, details in packet you will receive. Pay registration at this link. Or pay with check or cash at first rehearsal.
Assistant Stage Manager - Ally L
Crew Captain - Emma B
Crew – Ava B, Brynn H, Carter R, Katelyn M, Seth C
- Specific crew duties (i.e. stage hand, costume crew, light board op, etc.) will be decided at a later date. Please join us at the opening rehearsal on Friday, September 7 from 5:45-8:00pm. $45.00 enrollment fee, details in packet you will receive. Pay registration fee at this link. Or pay with check or cash at first rehearsal.
Carly B, Charlie H, Thomas G, Victoria B
- We will be in touch soon about the Front-of-House! It is a lot of fun. Just like the audition, the experience begins the moment the audience walks in the door. And you will be the ones to make the first impression! Your work in the lobby sets the stage for the show. We will have one special training rehearsal that will be scheduled at a later date. Working the front of house is like performing a small part in the show! Not required to be at opening rehearsal, but welcome to attend.
Lauren W, Samantha S
- Actors playing Showtime Pal will be contacted by Artistic Director Daniel Sheridan at a later date mid September. There will be one rehearsal scheduled prior to the show. Scripts will be sent in advance. Showtime Pal may be the most important role in all of Junior Theatre and we are excited to have you as part of this long tradition! Not required to be at opening rehearsal, but welcome to attend!
Auditions for the next two shows (Aesop's Falables <A Rock Musical> and James & the Giant Peach) will be in December of 2018. We will announce audition dates by October 15.
We encourage all our students to try out again and continue to take classes here at DJT or gain theatrical experience wherever they can!
Fall session begins Saturday, September 8. You can learn all about our fall lineup of classes at this link.
Check out the history of Junior Theatre by exploring our Online Photo Library of adventures and shows past! Maybe you will even spot yourself in our history?